welcome!




¡Ánimo!

06 February 2013

The Glory of Reflection



Well, not exactly that kind of reflection.

But thinking deeply and carefully. Perhaps better stated The Art of Looking in the Mirror.

I was compelled to take a look over my previous seven days of work and pull any observations and learnings. I was astounded at that surfaced. I'll share my tweetable kernels. I won't share any of the "story behind the tweet" unless you'd like me to. :) I hope they are both inspiring in and of themselves, but even more so, that they'd inspire you to reflect and record as well.

There's something from God in planning my work and then following that plan. #grace #integrity #anointing

Never speak dishonorably about someone to make yourself look better. It simply does the opposite. #humility #honor #keepyourmouthshut

Being the worship leader doesn't exempt you from playing only your fraction/percentage of the whole.

You can't overestimate the value of a team breaking bread regularly together. It's worth the time and energy to do it. (and Heather reminded me that it holds true for the "team" of our family!)

Who has been a hero to you? Do they know it? Tell them! Again. Again. #encouragement is #gold!

That "begin with the end in mind" thing has huge real-world implications - do it every day, every time!

Sabbath = still a relevant idea, a holy practice, a generous mandate.

There is such HUGE value in worship leaders being in the same room sharing how they want to grow and then helping each other figure out how to do it. "eradicate isolation and burnout!"

Great band leaders make an average team sound great - they're able to bring out the best on their team, not just sound good themselves.

Here's what my reflection actually looked like:

No comments: